Santa Fe, New Mexico’s capital, sits in the Sangre de Cristo foothills of Northern New Mexico. It’s renowned for its Pueblo-style architecture and as a creative arts hotbed - and it's award wining fine-dining restaurants. Santa Fe was founded as a Spanish colony in 1610, and has at its heart of the city at the traditional downtown Plaza which today, is filled with elegant dining, hotels, art galleries and shops. The surrounding historic district’s crooked streets wind past adobe landmarks including some of the finest eateries in the world. With award wining restaurants around every alley, dining out in Santa Fe is an otherworldly experience for a foodie.
As 2020 was a particularly hard-hitting year for our fellow food and beverage entrepreneurs, I do my very best to support these places and I look forward to dining out again to experience the ambience and beauty that is Santa Fe. For my real estate clients, I have been known to gift them a gift certificate to one of these restaurants, as a token of my appreciation. I take clients, friends and family members to these places for special occasions and holidays and have personally enjoyed every meal and moment of hospitality at these places. After 3 years of living and eating in Santa Fe, New Mexico, I have created a list of 20 of my most favorite local restaurants below. I hope by reading my blog you'll discover some great places and new things to try on your next trip to Santa Fe, New Mexico!
It's not hard to support the businesses on this list, their culinary talent and hospitality are unmatched anywhere in the world. I hope to inspire visitors and locals alike to head over and grab some takeout or experience their dine-in, once the health department restrictions have lessened in 2021. I have included a tip on what I like to personally order at each place to help you decide on what to try first when you arrive. If you're planning your next trip to Santa Fe, stop by the following eateries and let them know your favorite Keller Williams Santa Fe Realtor, Jenna Hensley sent you!
1. Paloma Restaurant: www.palomasantafe.com
2. Geronimo Restaurant
3. Tune Up Cafe
4. Restaurant Martin: www.restaurantmartin.com
5. Paper Dosa: www.paper-dosa.com
6. Cafe Pasqual's: www.pasquals.com
7. Compound Restaurant: www.compoundrestaurant.com
8. Izanami: www.tenthousandwaves.com/food
9. Dinner for Two: www.dinnerfortwonm.com
10. Tomasitas: www.tomasitas.com
11. Jambo Cafe: www.jambocafe.net
12. Bumble Bees Baja Grill: www.bumblebeesbajagrill.com
13. Coyote Cafe: www.coyotecafe.com
14. Dolina Santa Fe: www.dolinasantafe.com
15. Clafoutis: www.clafoutis.biz
16. La Choza: www.lachozasf.com
17. Tia Sophia's: www.tiasophias.com
18. The Ranch House: www.theranchhousesantafe.com
19. The Pantry: www.pantrysantafe.com
20. Del Charro: www.delcharro.com